The Meeting the Challenges of Emerging Constitutional Democracy Working Paper series is a resource for practitioners working in the field in countries undergoing constitutional transition and in new democracies where efforts are being made to consolidate the transition to democracy, and will also be of interest to scholars. The Working Papers in the series address the creation of constituent units and federal and politically devolved systems; semi-presidentialism; democracy without political parties; and minority rights.
The Working Papers are:
- “Creation of Constituent Units in Federal Systems” by George Anderson
- “Dealing with the Creation of Constituent Units in Federal and Politically Devolved Regimes: A Brief Guide for Practitioners” by George Anderson
- “Minority Rights in Culturally Diverse Societies” by George Anderson and Sujit Choudhry, with David Vitale
- “Semi-Presidential Government in the Post-Authoritarian Context” by Richard Stacey and Sujit Choudhry
- “Democracy Without Political Parties: Constitutional Options” by Michael Riegner and Richard Stacey